Race Director thoughts!!!
Last minute info for Westfield 5K, 10K and Half Marathon
SATURDAY JUNE 24, 2017 – 9AM
AT THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER WESTFIELD 28 W SILVER ST. WESTFIELD, MA
– Free parking in various parking lots surrounding the Boys & Girls Club (Please follow directions of parking lot attendants)
– Bathrooms inside Boys & Girls Club
– Early (Friday 500:-7:00 PM) shirt, bib and race signup in Boys & girls Club conference room
– Race day signup, bib and shirt pickup 7:00-9:00 AM in gymnasium.
– Pre and post race bagels and bananas
– Preregistered runners receive short sleeve technical t-shirt
– No changing race distance on race day
– Early start. Notify prior to race day if doing an early start so time can be adjusted to provide accurate results.
– Results posted on large computer screen
– Port-a-potties at miles 3.5 & 7.5 half marathon only
– Half Marathon water stops every two miles
– 10K water stop at 3 & 5.3 miles
– 5K water stop at 2.5 miles
– GU (Vanilla Bean) Half Marathon only at 7.5 miles
– Gatoraid at finish line only
– Medical tent at finish line and 9.5 mile of half marathon course
– Ham radio operators along course for emergencies
– Post race water, Gatorade, beer (two per runner) and food, hot dogs, veggie burgers, meat burgers and salad(s) available in Amelia Garden weather permitting. Some picnic tables and benches but bring blanket for picnic if desired.
– Bad weather moves post race party inside to second floor gymnasium.
– Be courteous to volunteers as they are giving up their Saturday to make your race safer and more enjoyable!
Important times to keep in mind as race day approaches:
EARLY – Friday 6/23/17 – 5 to 7pm
RACE DAY – Saturday 6/24/17 – 7am
at the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Westfield
Early Start* – 8am
Half Marathon – 9am
10k / 5k – 9:05am
Please note that participants are limited to 4 hours total (an 18:19 minute/mile pace), runners who will take longer than 3 hours should do EARLY START*.
We encourage all participants and spectators to arrive between 7 and 9am to ensure parking availability and allow for adequate time to change, warm up, and get to the starting line!
*runners planning to participate in EARLY START please contact email@example.com prior to race day